Stashbusters! Stash…what? BUSTERS. You’re not a quilter until you have a box, closet, or storage shed full of fabric that you have no immediate use for. Maybe we all have a bit of a hoarding problem. Let’s face it, you don’t need that yard of novelty fabric you’ve been “saving” for a special project for the past twenty years. It’s time to let go and make room for all the new pretty fabric that’s out there.
And that’s where Stashbusters comes in. We’ve created a simple 12-step program that will help you use up that coveted stash in just one year. Don’t worry though, you’re not alone! We have mobs of women joining us every month.
Here’s how it works:
- Every month we give you a great new pattern. The idea — make a quilt using what you’ve got already.
- We meet the fourth Wednesday of the month, as well as the following Saturday. Pick your day and sign up.
- Show up at the shop with your Stashbusters binder. Eat some cookies. We hand out the latest pattern, give away door prizes, and do show-and-tell of quilts from last month’s pattern.
- Stand-up comedy. Wellll, not quite. Karen and Della are a punchy duo and always manage to get a few laughs out of the group. Girls just wanna have fun!
- Coupons? Will there be coupons?! Yes! Show your quilt to the group and get a 15% off coupon to use on regular priced merchandise.
- 12 months is only $45 — a lot cheaper than therapy.
Yes! Yes! I want in….but….I live in Kansas…London….Mongolia…..now what? Good news, ladies. You don’t have to actually be in Boise to be a part of Stashbusters. We’ll email or snail-mail you the pattern every month. Send us a photo of your quilt to show-and-tell (we’ll share with our local group and on the blog) and you’ll get your 15% off coupon for the online store. Prizes? You betcha. We’ll send out prizes for our global participants every month as well. The bad news? Sorry, we can’t send ya cookies. You just gotta be here for the sugar. Email us to get started (email@example.com)
Here’s a look at last week’s Stashbusters event.
— Posted by Stacy